Get Your Little Ones Embracing Their Creativity With Our Fantastic Kids Paint!
Painting is one of the best and most beneficial ways you can introduce your child to the world of art and creative expression. Whether it's a school project, a rainy afternoon or the holidays, our kids paint and accessories are on every parent's wishlist and is a must-have for all of your art projects with little ones.
With affordable pricing, easy checkout and Afterpay available, Riot Art & Craft have everything you need to nurture and grow your child's inner Picasso today!
Kids Painting Kits
Our Tim & Tess kids painting kits are an affordable and convenient way to get kids started in painting. From washable poster paint in an assortment of colours to handy watercolour paint sets that come in an exciting range of hues with the paper, paintbrushes and palette included - we've got everything your little artist needs to discover their creative potential.
The Best Kids Paints To Buy
When you are looking to purchase craft paints for your little artist it is important to make sure they are:
• Easy to clean up
• Bright and available in a range of primary and mixed colours
• Able to be used on a variety of surfaces, from paper and cardboard to wood, canvas, foam and more
Painting Activities Kids Will Love
Get the kids out into the garden and find some smooth, flat rocks. Wash them and use poster paint or acrylics to paint fun patterns in bright, vibrant colours. Customise them with some googly eyes or stickers for that 3D design which will stand out from the rest.
Use our safe face and body paint and range of brushes and sponges to transform little faces into creative works of art. Perfect for birthday parties, Halloween, Christmas and special events.
Easter Egg Painting and Dyeing
Painting and Dyeing Easter eggs is a relaxing and timeless activity enjoyed by artists of all ages. Get your kids involved in the holiday season and buy some wooden eggs or use hard boiled eggs to paint or dye with our poster paints, tie dye kits, markers and watercolours and decorate your Easter table this year.
Help your kids paint a card for someone special. We stock a huge range of cardstock and paper that work great with our poster paints, watercolours, acrylics and finger paints. Take it to another level with embellishments like pom poms, glitter, beads, chenille stems and stencils.
Finger painting is the easiest (messiest!) method of painting and is super fun for younger kids or even for the older ones who have always stayed young at heart! Our finger paints are best used on heavy paper, card stock or cardboard.
Some Of Our Most Popular Paints For Kids
- Poster paint – this is by far the most popular choice for kids craft projects of all kinds and can be used on paper, cardboard, wood, canvas and more. We've got primary, glitter and now 'Scratch & Smell' poster paints to add an extra dose of fun to your project!
- Finger paint - safe and most importantly washable, finger paint is great for getting little kids used to the look and feel of paint.
- Acrylic paints - acrylics are perfect for older kids looking to expand their painting skills. Coming in a range of colours they are perfect for the aspiring new artist wanting to expand and develop their painting skills.
- Watercolours - Our watercolor kids paint sets blend beautifully to create interesting effects and patterns
- Scratch n Smell – we all remember the old scratch and sniff stickers and now you can treat your kids with scratch n smell paints. Exclusively available at Riot Art & Craft they are available in Blueberry, Chocolate, Banana, Strawberry, Orange, Grape and Apple flavours and will have the kids entertained for hours on end.
All of our popular paints are available in classic colours that can be mixed to create lighter shades and pastels as well as fantastic ready-made shades that you can just dip and go!
Tools You Can Add To Your Painting Experience
Wanting to add a little something extra to your kids’ next painting experience? Then consider adding these tools and accessories so they can create and paint in ways they never have before!
Kids Painting Brushes
Different sized brushes and rollers are essential to letting kids explore their creative talent. We've got foam brushes, both wide and narrow, fun patterned foam rollers for creating interesting designs and paintbrushes of every shape and width to help them get started.
Canvases - What You Need To Know
Kids love to paint on different types of materials and canvases are a great surface to work on apart from paper. Our range of Tim & Tess canvases come with fun stencil designs, from dolphins and fairies to sloths and superheroes that make it easy for kids to paint inside the lines and create wonderful works of art.
Painting Containers To Store And Keep The Mess At Bay
Containers are your best friend when it comes to storing and using your kids’ art accessories. Our water pots by Tim & Tess come in a range of bright, fun colours and are the perfect size for dipping paintbrushes into water as needed. We've also got paint pots to hold paint and avoid mess.
Also consider using placemats to catch any spills and getting kids to wear an art smock or loungewear to prevent getting paint on their good clothes.
Benefits Of Kids Painting From A Young Age
Getting your kids started with DIY painting projects from a young age has countless benefits. The simple act of painting has been proven to help children express their emotions and ideas, understand colour, demonstrate their ability to process and create beautiful things, de-stress, build self-esteem and gain a sense of achievement.
What Other Accessories Can You Add To Make Their Creations Stand Out?
Help your child add a little extra oomph to their painting by adding some accessories and even a little sparkle if that’s what they love. Try crayons or markers for brightness and stick on any number of embellishments, such as pom poms, beads, glitter, chenille stems, wooden sticks and googly eyes.
It's All About Being Creative
The most important thing to remember when painting with kids is to have fun! Painting is a wonderful and educational experience for children and it is important for their development and emotional growth. Help them discover the joy of creative expression today with our incredible range of kids’ paints and accessories.
Frequently Asked Questions About Kids Painting
What Are Kids Paints Called?
There are different types of kid’s paints for different ages and project types. Two of the most popular are:
- Poster paint or tempera paint - Great for all craft and school projects as it's non-toxic, fast-drying, washable and easy to apply.
- Finger paint - Perfect for little ones just starting out in creative expression. It's bright, non-toxic, comes off easily and has a creamy texture for smearing with fingertips.
How Do Kids Paint At Home?
The family home is one of the best places for kids to learn and have fun with paint. Consider these steps:
- Set up a dedicated art area
- Stock up on kids washable paint, paintbrushes and art supplies
- Provide them with plenty of tools and encourage a no-pressure approach to creativity
- Paint along with them so they can learn by example
Is Children's Paint Toxic?
No, our kids paint is completely non-toxic and safe for children of all ages to use, even babies and toddlers. It's made to wash off easily from little fingers and most clothes with warm, soapy water.
Which Paint Is Safe For Babies?
Finger painting paint is one of the best types of paint you can use with babies. Its:
- Comes off fingers and clothes easily
- Has a creamy texture that resists splashing
- Is easy to spread, smear, blend and dot
Our finger painting sets by Tim & Tess are perfect for babies and toddlers.