What information do we collect?
We recommend you check this policy often as we may amend this policy at any time by posting an updated version on our website.
What information is collected?
We will only collect personal information about you if it is reasonably necessary – this information includes (but is not limited to) your name, home or work address, delivery address, phone number, payment, credit and billing information, e-mail address and in some cases government identifiers (such as your driver’s licence).
We also collect information that does not personally identify you but will instead track your use of our website to better understand how our website is used by customers an in turn enhance and improve your customer experience. These include demographic information such as your postcode, age, gender, DOB, shopping preferences and category interests. When you visit our website, we collect information about your computer, including your IP address. We may also obtain this information using 'Cookies' which is a small data file transmitted to your device that recognises and identifies your device and allows your device to ‘remember’ information from our website for future use. You can choose to decline cookies by changing your settings however, you may not be able to fully experience the features of our online store.
How we collect, use and hold your information
We collect your personal information from you directly when you
- Make purchases online (including from third party platforms like Afterpay and Zip)
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter
- Enter competitions
- Provide feedback/complaints to us
- Sign up for an account
Recruitment - Information about potential employees is collected during the recruitment and onboarding process. As part of that process, you agree that we may collect personal information about you from you, your referees and/or recruitment agencies.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. Your personal information is stored on password protected servers located in a secure location.
We collect and use your information to:
- Sell, deliver, administer, improve and personalise our products
- Process payments and credit checks, respond to feedback or complaints and provide refunds and discounts
- Better understand our customers’ requirements and preferences,
- Conduct product and market research, personalise and improve our service, and to provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you
- To communicate with you and to operate our customer service centre
- Undertake and administer promotions, competitions, marketing activities, direct marketing, database compilation, analysis of trends and demographics and other marketing or promotional activities
- Protect against fraud and theft
- Recruit and assess future employees; and
- Maintain and update our records
How we disclose your information
We will only disclose information about you to third parties if required by law or legal process, to our advisors or to companies who are responsible for parts of our service delivery, to delivery companies, and third parties compiling product reviews on our behalf.
In special circumstances – for example, if we were to sell our business or part of our business – your information may be transferred to potential purchasers and their advisers as part of that sale. From time to time, we may provide aggregated and de-identified information to other business partners for various purposes.
Accessing and correcting your information and questions
If you have a question about this Policy or wish to make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
We aim to resolve any complaints pertaining to privacy immediately. If you do not believe your complaint has been resolved by us, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) please visit www.oaic.gov.au
If you require more information or have questions in relation to the management of your personal information, please contact our customer support team at email@example.com