Make Your Crafternoon A Creative One With Us!
At Riot Art & Craft, we believe there’s nothing better than spending an entire afternoon working on a craft project and letting the imagination run wild. We’ve been helping crafters get creative by supplying them with quality supplies and materials by trusted brands at affordable prices for over 40 years.
We know what’s on every crafters wishlist and have worked hard to source the hottest art and craft items for any type of project, big or small. Whether you’re sketching, painting, modelling, crocheting, paper making, jewellery making, wood working or anything in between - we’ve got everything you need online to kickstart your crafternoon.
It’s Time To Get Crafty
Did you know that crafting can have a wonderful effect on your health? Studies have shown that a crafternoon can boost your self-confidence and motivation while reducing stress, anxiety and sleeplessness.
We help you to get crafty with a phenomenal range of craft supplies, including:
- Poster paint and acrylics
- Pencils, pens, markers
- Stencils, stickers and stampers
- Modelling clay
- Sequins, pom poms, chenille and glitter
- Polyfoam balls
- Wooden sticks for building
Crafternoon Ideas For Adults
With the rise in popularity of Pinterest, Etsy and Shopify, there’s never been a better time to get into craft and create beautiful things to share with the world. Whether you’re looking for a new hobby or to start your own DIY craft business, here’s some of our best crafternoon ideas for adults:
- Decoupage with our top quality adhesives
- Crochet is in and you can get started with our range of vibrant macrame cords suitable for any crochet project
- Card making is a great way to show someone that you care about them. Whether it’s for the holiday season, a birthday, wedding or more, we’ve got all of the quality paper and cardstock, coloured pencils and embellishments you need to make it a special one
- Tie dye some plain cushions or curtains with our professional dye kits
- Add colour to your plain ceramic planters with our acrylics
- Decorate your walls with an embroidered wall hanging using one of our kits
Browse Our Crafternoon Kits
Our crafternoon kits are a handy way to get started quickly with everything you need in one purchase. We've got:
- Kids craft bags by Art Star
- Embroidery kits
- Tie Dye kits
- Modelling clay buckets
- Paint sets
Handy Crafternoon Resources
There's a lot of information out there to guide you on how to throw the perfect crafternoon. Whether it's just for you, a group of friends or a day with the kids, you can find resources to help you make sure your one is a success on:
DIY Ideas For A Crafternoon With Friends
Invite some friends over for a crafternoon and spend your time eating, connecting and creating something amazing. Here's just some of the craft activities you could spend your time doing:
- Making polymer clay jewellery
- Making a macrame wall hanging
- Painting a new artwork for your home
- Card making for someone special
- Modelling a sculpture using our versatile modelling clay
- Learning the art of calligraphy
How To Have A Virtual Crafternoon
It’s easier than ever to connect virtually with your loved ones for a fun and productive crafternoon. Schedule a time and a date with friends and family to get together online and spend a relaxing afternoon being creative. Make sure you get all of your craft supplies from Riot Art & Craft first so you'll have everything you need to get started.
Stock up on these essentials for a successful crafternoon:
- Hot glue gun
- Pens and pencils
- Paint, such as acrylic and watercolour
- Markers, pastels, crayons
- Stencils and stickers
- Paper and cardstock
- Polymer clay and sculpting tools
- Embellishments are an essential item in any crafters collection. Stick-on rhinestones, ribbons, glitter, pom poms, chenille stems, buttons, beads and stickers always add a little something special to any craft project.
If you need some extra guidance, there's tons of templates online that can help you get started on a craft project of your choice. Etsy, Pinterest and YouTube all provide expert tutorials on everything you can think of, from origami, sewing and embroidery to soap making, card making and DIY home decorations.
If you’re short on ideas for a crafternoon, we’re here to help! Try out some of these ideas and use them to get the inspiration flowing:
- Learn the ancient art of origami
- Give new life to old clothes with some fabric painting
- Try your hand at oil painting
- Sketch your surroundings
- Make clay jewellery
- Weave a new wall hanging using macrame
What Is A Crafternoon?
A crafternoon is simply an afternoon that you devote solely to a craft project and making things. It can be enjoyed solo, with kids, friends or family and is both relaxing and creative. It doesn’t matter how old you are – the most important thing is to have fun!
What Should You Have In Your Crafternoon Collection?
There’s a number of essential items you should always keep in your store room for a crafternoon. These include:
- Pens, pencils, markers
- Paint, such as acrylic, and paintbrushes
- Hot glue gun
- Embellishments, such as beads, pom poms, sequins, glitter
- Clay and sculpting tools
- Sticky tape
How To Put On A Successful Crafternoon For Friends?
A crafternoon is the perfect excuse to get together with your friends and spend time creating wonderful things. To ensure it's a roaring success, consider:
- A craft activity that suits all of your friends
- Purchasing all of your craft supplies from our extensive range to ensure you have everything you need on the day
- Providing a delicious brunch or snacks to munch on