Different Types of Craft Accessories At Riot Art & Craft
Whether you're spending an afternoon scrapbooking, looking for special embellishments, or wanting to finish your DIY project off with something that goes perfectly with your new paint colour, your craft accessories wishlist can be granted at Riot Art & Craft. Make sure your collection of craft accessories includes:
- Pom poms
- Googly eyes
- Cutting tools
- Pipe cleaners
- And much more
Craft activities to keep the kids busy
As any Australian family knows, keeping kids creatively occupied during weekends, the school holidays, Christmas and Easter holidays, or anytime really, can be a challenge. That's where we come in. Our range of kids craft accessories includes some products that are great for kids of all ages and all skill levels. Checkout a few of our most popular products the kids always love including:
- Kids painting. Watercolour paints or watercolour pencils are a great way for kids to express their creativity. If your kids are a bit older, acrylic paints or oil paints are popular.
- Woodcraft. Add our fun craft bags of stickers, googly eyes, beads, glitter, and chenille stems to some balsa wood or plywood.
- Papercraft. Origami is a great for kids, and you don't need too many accessories to do it. High school and primary kids can even work together.
- Modelling. You can't go past modelling clay for an afternoon of fun.
Favourite crafting accessories
There are some crafts that never go out of style, which is why they're your favourites. It's also why we've got the right accessories you need.
- Fabric painting. Art that you can wear is always in fashion. Find all the paints and dyes here.
- Printmaking. When you work with ink, you want the best.
- Candle making. One of the oldest crafts in the world.
- Card making. All the glue, glitter, tape, and stickers you could ever need.
- Beading. One of the most versatile craft accessories.
- Stencils. Create patterns on a range of mediums.
- Crochet. There aren't too many crafts more rewarding.
Top tips for organising your craft accessories
There's no perfect way to organise your craft accessories. But here's a few easy tips to ensure you keep everything clean, organised, and ready to go next time.
- Containers. Riot Art & Craft has a lot of containers of different shapes and sizes. And we mean a lot!
- Boxes. Boxes are perfect for big, small, or tiny items.
- Drawers. Invest in a set of drawers for easy access.
- Crates. Crates can help keep your big things forever.
- Storage. Have a spot in a corner for heavier things like easels.
There are a few things you really can't do without when it comes to craft:
- Glue. It always pays to have a few different types around.
- Glitter. It makes everything look better and you can never have to much sparkle in your life!
- Pastels. They're versatile, safe, and user-friendly.
- Templates. Add flair to any project.
- Paints. Whatever kind of craft you do, the right paint can make it sing.
- Tie dye. An old favourite that can reinvigorate your clothes.
- Paper bags. Make your giving look as good as your craft.
Popular products for a fun crafternoon
A crafternoon with the kids or your friends and family is a great way to keep everyone entertained, and stimulate creativity. To help, we have compiled a selection of crafternoon products that is perfect for craft lovers of all ages.
- Modelling clay. Like playdough, but better.
- Polyfoam balls. Perfect to stick things in, or glue things to.
- Pencils. You can never have enough quality pencils.
- Sequins. They make everything pretty and adds some flare.
- Wooden models. Young kids will love painting or colouring cool animals and objects and we have some available for adults too who enjoy modelling and painting.
- Washable paint. Every parent’s best friend.
- Brushes. We've got different ones for different uses whether you are a beginner or professional.
Big brands usually mean big range, big quality, and big value. And that's the case with these quality craft brands we stock at Riot Art & Craft.
- Urban Crafter
- Teachers Choice
- The Paper Mill
- Art Culture
- Clay Studio
- Faber Castell
Trending crafting accessories
Being struck at home for a long time has created a range of new craft trends that require a bit of patience. Some of the trends we're seeing developing in Australia and across the world include:
- Painting by numbers
- Felt balls
- Candle making
You can find all you need for these trends online.
Essential craft tools and supplies everyone should have
There are always a few tools and supplies every craft lover should have around. And you can get them all at Riot Art & Craft.
- Clay tools
- Dough shapers
- Quilting kits
- Embossing gun
- Glue gun
Crafters checklist to help you get started
Here's a quick list if you want to stock up on some craft supplies for the first time.
- Glue. Grab some PVA, foam, all-purpose, or liquid glue, and don't forget the glue sticks and glue gun.
- Tape. Tape is a must, and there are a lot of types - clear, cloth, double-sided regular and foam, gummed, and masking.
- Painting. You can try watercolour, acrylic, and oil paints, even washable paints for the kids. And don't forget the glitter paint and the brushes.
- Paper. Great for scrapbooking and card making.
- Pencils and Markers. Make sure you have a few different kinds, as well as crayons and pastels.
- Cutting supplies. One of the things you'll use most in crafting is scissors, knives, Stanley knifes, fun scissors, and cutting boards.
- Additional supplies. Drawers or containers full of stickers, fabric, ribbon, stamps, stencils and templates will always come in handy.
Shopping for craft supplies with a budget
Riot Art & Craft is the place to go to stick to your art and craft budget. Our big range and big brands means there's plenty of choice for all craft makers. Use our online filter helps you search by price to find the craft accessories you're after, for the price you want.
Crafting gadgets which can make your life a bit more fun
Craft makers are clever, so it should come as no surprise to learn there are a range of clever tools and gadgets that make crafting a little easier, and a lot more fun. Here's a small selection you may not have know about and want to add to your list….
- Rubber brayer. Perfect for printmaking.
- Curling coach and slotted tool. Great for curling ribbon.
- Bone folder. Score, rip and fold paper with precision.
- Circle sizer. Make the perfect circle every time.
- Heat gun. For embossing and a lot of other uses.
FAQs About Craft Accessories
What should be included in a crafting kit?
Every crafter is different, and everyone has their own preferences, but here's the top ten things most crafters have in their kits.
- Paints or dyes
- Chenille stems
- Coloured paper
- Pencils or pastels
- And lots of glitter
Where can I buy craft accessories online?
Our website is set up to make buying craft accessories easy. Use our search filter to find exactly what you're after, or look through our categories to see our big range.
Add what you need to your cart and we'll deliver it to your home. And if we don't have it, we'll let you know when we do.
How do you categorise craft supplies?
With so many craft supplies online, we've categorised them to make finding what you need easy. Choose between:
- Craft Basics
- Craft supplies
- Kids craft supplies
- Sewing and needlework
From there Riot Art & Craft will guide you to find the product you are looking for.